Graphic Design Internship Details
The Graphic Designer participates in designing for the Media Department of Mid-Cities and participates in processes to ensure the mission of Mid-Cities Media is being accomplished.
Our mission is to excellently and effectively communicate vision, events, and life-change to the people of Mid-Cities and beyond. We strive to make sure that the print, video, web, and social media we produce is clear, consistent, compelling, timely, and authentic to who we are.
Synopsis of Role
The Designer is responsible for conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as collateral material, environmental graphics, books and magazines, corporate identity, film titling and multi-media interfaces, from concept to completion.
Meet with communication director and ministry heads to collaborate on design vision for an event or design. Select colors, images, textures and shapes to create the layout. Select the size and arrangement of the different elements. Use Adobe Creative Suite to create electronic versions of designs. Employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing project. Develop material for web pages. Design logos for ministries.
- Develop signs and environmental graphics.
- Create promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures.
- Develop the layout and production design of booklets, journals, reports, and other publications.
- Perform research on other churches and general design trends.
- Collaborate with out-sourced printers to select type of paper and ink.
- Submit rough drafts to ministry for approval and revisions. Make changes to mock-ups.
- Supervise ministry assistants and interns during product design.
- Develop contacts with other designers.
Required Skills and Job Complexity
- 3+ years of graphic designing experience
- Willingness to take on new tasks and initiatives
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- High moral character and leadership
Competencies Critical to this Position
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Highly Organized
*This description is not all inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.